Acer Aspire axc-603g-uw13

raifordgirl

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Can the motherboard be replaced in order to have more than the 8GB of RAM that this computer maxes out at now? I only paid $158.00 for it but would like more memory. The hard drive isn't a problem because I have a 1TB external hard drive. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. And I know these things are small and hard to work around in, but I think I can manage it if its possible.

Solution
If this is your PC:
j9Yh7De.jpg

...it appears to have a mITX motherboard. So, yes, it can be replaced.

Bplug

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
According to the Crucial Memory website, your board will indeed handle 2 x 4GB (max) of memory. http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-xc-603g-uw13
It is always best to buy memory in MATCHED pairs. Dual channel memory is usually sold in matched pairs for that reason. Btw, with only one of the memory slots populated, you are in single channel mode. That is about a 10% loss of memory performance over dual channel mode. So to answer your question, yes you can just populate one of the slots, but you will lose some memory speed.

If your board has a mini PCIe slot, it should handle any card that will fit the slot. Whether or not you can find a wifi card in mini PCIe format, I don't know.