Acer Aspire x1700 ethernet issue

hd

Apr 14, 2018
is this acer aspire upgradable to window 10 64 bit my board died as well as the hard drive got a board and a new hard drive install win 10 on it but can't get the ethernet port to work tried the acer website for driver they only have vista home premium drivers tried those and nothing any suggestion

I'm afraid you can't run Windows 10 on it if there are no Windows 10 drivers for that model on Acer's website.

Vista drivers won't work on Windows 10, though some of them at least might work on Windows 7.
No guarantee that they will though. They definitely all will work on Vista though, so that's what you need to be using on it strictly speaking.

If it was a desktop PC you would have a bit more "wiggle" room because, if necessary, you could replace some incompatible components, but not possible with a laptop.

hd

Apr 14, 2018
hey phillip i even tried to install the vista home premium and tried to install the drivers on the website but there are so many tried all of the on the vista home premium and nothing don't know if there is a program that will install just the drivers that are use for that ????? or maybe even win 7