Acer Aspire XC-603G Graphics Card Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundungeny

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
(If this is the wrong thread please let me know!)
I own a Acer Aspire XC-603G and I am looking to upgrade.
I would like to know if I can upgrade the graphics card. If so, what are the possible upgrades?
I know the processor is not (which I am fine with) but I don't know if it is the same. Thanks in advance! -Fundungeny

If you need the specs they are below -- VV
Processor:Intel Pentium CPU J2900 2.41 GHz
Ram:8GB (Upgraded from 4GB)
Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics

Solution
I'm not sure if your motherboard supports UEFI, because it will need it to support AMD's/Nvidia's latest entry level/high end graphics cards, otherwise your upgrades will be limited. Don't expect to see amazing framerates, though.

ravenjedmanicdao

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
I'm not sure if your motherboard supports UEFI, because it will need it to support AMD's/Nvidia's latest entry level/high end graphics cards, otherwise your upgrades will be limited. Don't expect to see amazing framerates, though.

Solution

johnyvf85

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

Could you upgrade the motherboard though?

fundungeny

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Do you have any ideas for a motherboard upgrade? I have ddr3 laptop ram. If something that can fit with this ram could help.

That CPU was not made for anything more than what it is. Look at the CPU! There's no pci-ex x16 slot on that motherboard, so no videocard. You could look for another motherboard for this but first off, it's an Acer. So you'd have to find a standard motherboard which also happens to fit in the Acer case which might not be standard sized. Then that new motherboard needs to have a videocard slot.

ravenjedmanicdao

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016

Some of the very small motherboards use SODIMM RAM (Or laptop RAM, as you call it).

cyrus567

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is the top search for me for xc-603g gpu for google, and I was able to put a gpu upgrade in this computer.

It requires a mpcie to pcie x1 adapter, and I used a Zotac GT 710 1GB. That didn't require changing out the power supply, it seems, and it was a noticeable upgrade when comparing the onboard graphics when running Minecraft Education Edition. I used a USB 3.0 wifi adapter for internet.

For an egpu, I was able to get an old HD 5770 to work using the mpcie adapter, a pcie x1 to x16 adapter, upgraded the BIOS, windows 10 home insider preview build 20152, and an upgraded power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS