Question Acer aspire

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
How can I remove back cover to reveal CMOS removal on my Acer aspire 1 722 laptop? It only has one screw and I have a set of Torx Precision screwdriver set and have had no success to remove it. I had to be meant to be removed in order to upgrade ram or to remove the battery in order to get my Bios open again. Passwords don't help.

How can I remove back cover to reveal CMOS removal on my Acer aspire 1 722 laptop? It only has one screw and I have a set of Torx Precision screwdriver set and have had no success to remove it. I had to be meant to be removed in order to upgrade ram or to remove the battery in order to get my Bios open again. Passwords don't help.
The best way to open certain laptops is to have a "full" ifix it kit. The complete Iifix it series kit has every standard lock screw bit

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
The best way to open certain laptops is to have a "full" ifix it kit. The complete Iifix it series kit has every standard lock screw bit
I have that kit and none were able to unscrew it...BTW, since my post i witnessed a youtube video demo on how to remove the keyboard in order to get to the inners of the laptop. There was no audio or explanation what she was using to detach the keyboard. To me it looked like a razor and she was using it along the edges as if she is cutting the membrane that is holding the keyboard to the laptop. I tried that to no success with a straight edge razor. All i succeeded was to remove a couple of letter tiles.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Usually, a card or guitar pick type tool. I rarely see blades being used to remove stickers that have hidden screws behind, usually in an attempt to preserve the sticker/glue.

Is this one of the Aspire "netbooks" with the Atom or similar CPU?