Acer CRW2010A too slow!!

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
my Acer burner (crw2010a)20x10x40 burns waaaaaaaaaaaay to slow when it's doing CD copy on the fly, takes about near 10 mins to copy 650 megs of data. it does ok it's writing data from Hdisk... about 5-6 mins, still kinda slow ..my system configuration:
AMD xp1.6
256mb pc2100 ram
40gig maxtor 7200Rpm HD
52x Cdrom
MSI K7T pro2 RU mainboard
i have my hdisk on primary master (1st iDE channel)
my cd rom on slave on the same channel and i have my burner on sec master. this configuration is all rite? rite?
i use nero burning rom 5.5 for everything. but whenever i do a cd copy(on the fly) it takes so long. and the read buffer always goes up and down so the burner stops burning a bit then it starts again. any idea how am i suppose to fix this?
thanks in advance.

rob

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
yep i did ... actually i think it's fixed now. not sure thou.last night i burned 2 cd and the buffer worked fine, i think it's because i had the "force raw reading" option in nero checked befor, is that where the problem was?

G

i hade the same problem with my acer 20x but it was alot worse i couldent write any cd without the buffert went up and down. and the burn indicator diod went on and off. i reinstaled winxp and the burner worked again for a week then it started doing the same thing but now its only doing it to 5% - 10% of the cd's and not all.

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
man i thought i'm the only one who had that problem.looks like no one at the moment can help me eout. it's probably just the burner it self, nothing much i can do. it works fine with certain cd but when it comes 2 burning vcd and some other cd's it just stuffs up. i'll never buy an ACER burner again