Question Acer h236hl power cable

Oct 10, 2019
Hi, I have 2 monitors (both of the same model.) I have noticed that when my PC is asleep, and when my monitor power cables are plugged into the wall and my monitors are on, I can hear a whiny-high pitched noise coming from both of the power bricks on my monitor power cables.

It's not a very loud noise. It is kind of quiet, but I can hear the whiny noise from across my room when my PC is asleep.

Is this a big issue? Do I have to replace the cables? My cables have been making this noise for almost a year.

Lutfij

Titan
The noise you speak of is referred to as coil-whine and you'll find that it's present on anything that delivers/regulates power. You can hear it from your PSU(both a power brick or a desktop PSU) and even on the VRM's on your motherboard/GPU.

Most people don't take notice to it as there are other devices that drown out the noise but if it's too loud, then there can be cause for concern and you should contact manufacturer(provided you're under warranty) to see if they will instigate an RMA.

Outside of that, no, you shouldn't be worried. Cables don't make the noise, FYI.

Oct 10, 2019
The noise you speak of is referred to as coil-whine and you'll find that it's present on anything that delivers/regulates power. You can hear it from your PSU(both a power brick or a desktop PSU) and even on the VRM's on your motherboard/GPU.

Most people don't take notice to it as there are other devices that drown out the noise but if it's too loud, then there can be cause for concern and you should contact manufacturer(provided you're under warranty) to see if they will instigate an RMA.

Outside of that, no, you shouldn't be worried. Cables don't make the noise, FYI.

WHat do you mean by "too loud?" What would too loud sound like for a power brick?