Acer Introduces New Windows 8 Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
So, are these going to have touch screens?

Since you know, Windows 8 works so wonderfully well with a keyboard and mouse. **Do an eye barrel roll**

These PC's are no different from Windows 7 PC's.

What I really want is this:
- 12" Transformer (transforms from laptop to tablet)
- 2560x1440 resolution
- *Intel Haswell CPU

The new HASWELL CPU from Intel is so power efficient it can be used for these transformers which have little volume.

This CPU is also an x86 CPU meaning Windows 8 will run all the same programs as a desktop. Many Windows 8 tablets will use a mobile CPU that is NOT compatible with your desktop software.

**So I could buy a transformer (Windows 8/Haswell) that I can:
a) use as a TABLET
b) use as a small LAPTOP
c) hook up to a monitor and use as a DESKTOP

The PERFECT STUDENT MACHINE!

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Nothing special about these towers for Windows 8.

Also, the only reason I will upgrade to Windows 8 from 7 will be the day when DirectX 12 games start shipping, because of Microsoft's track record, you will only be able to get DX12 on 8(like they did with DX10 for XP). Or, if they decide to release DX12 on Windows 7, then I will have NO reason for Windows 8.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hydac7[/nom]These better not come with that UEFI Secure crap , or do they ?[/citation]
UEFI has good legitimate uses too, if you try real hard i'm sure you can think of some, try reading a technology forum once in a while

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Dear Toms,

Please keep these windows 8 "ad-articles" coming... we need at least 5 a day. Heck, why not make all articles on Toms about Windows 8 for the next several weeks.

Sincerely,
Your average user who has ZERO INTEREST in Windows Shitro 8

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]Dear Toms,Please keep these windows 8 "ad-articles" coming... we need at least 5 a day. Heck, why not make all articles on Toms about Windows 8 for the next several weeks. Sincerely,Your average user who has ZERO INTEREST in Windows Shitro 8[/citation]
The average user reads this stuff, and understands that a week before the commercial release there will be a lot of stories about it
You however represent the loud minority that think they own the forum, perhaps we should replace all the relevant articles are replace them with amusing videos of cats

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The average user reads this stuff, and understands that a week before the commercial release there will be a lot of stories about it...You however represent the loud minority that think they own the forum, perhaps we should replace all the relevant articles are replace them with amusing videos of cats[/citation]
2 fanboyisms in 1 thread

a* storming to the defense of windows 8
b* insinuating that sub-standard windows 8 Acer computers being advertised is "tech news" rather than paid-for advertising by Acer + Microsoft

G

[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]So, are these going to have touch screens?Since you know, Windows 8 works so wonderfully well with a keyboard and mouse. **Do an eye barrel roll**[/citation]

Are you stupid? Windows 8 works amazingly well on non touchscreens. Matter of fact, I plopped by Best Buy to try a Win8 laptop, and it is far easier to get around then the plain desktop screen. Unless it takes you a million strokes to move an inch around the screen, it's waaaay easier to get around.

Status
Not open for further replies.