[SOLVED] Acer kg241q constant black screen

Hello, as the title implied my new monitor Acer kg241q has been constantly having blackscreen when I game. I used the display port initially that came with the box and it has been constantly giving a lot of black screen for a few seconds back and forth.

Things that I've done and didn't work:
  1. I tried turning off freesync or HDR
  2. I tried other ports of my GPU and it didn't work.
  3. Lowering the hz to 120 or below still had the problem occuring.
My temporary fix so far was actually the display port cable itself which was defective since I used a spare HDMI 2.0 I had and it worked more with little problems. These lowered my problems but made newer problems. It's not as much but every game that I play only has one black screen and it does it once per every gaming session that I played through the end. I never had a problem where the game will have a black screen twice and some games will never have a black screen but it does occur once. I ended up buying a DP 1.4 cable and it reverted back to its original problem where the constant blackscreen happened like crazy. I refunded it so I'm in the process of getting another HDMI 2.0 cable to hopefully cut out the blackscreen issues since my spare HDMI is quite old.

Thanks in advance for any help!

dimtodim

Reputable
Hello, as the title implied my new monitor Acer kg241q has been constantly having blackscreen when I game. I used the display port initially that came with the box and it has been constantly giving a lot of black screen for a few seconds back and forth.

Things that I've done and didn't work:
  1. I tried turning off freesync or HDR
  2. I tried other ports of my GPU and it didn't work.
  3. Lowering the hz to 120 or below still had the problem occuring.
My temporary fix so far was actually the display port cable itself which was defective since I used a spare HDMI 2.0 I had and it worked more with little problems. These lowered my problems but made newer problems. It's not as much but every game that I play only has one black screen and it does it once per every gaming session that I played through the end. I never had a problem where the game will have a black screen twice and some games will never have a black screen but it does occur once. I ended up buying a DP 1.4 cable and it reverted back to its original problem where the constant blackscreen happened like crazy. I refunded it so I'm in the process of getting another HDMI 2.0 cable to hopefully cut out the blackscreen issues since my spare HDMI is quite old.

Thanks in advance for any help!
what is your gpu?but if u want 144 Hz u must use display port