Question Acer laptop that won't turn on

Aug 24, 2019
Hi everyone. So I have this Acer F5-573G that just won't turn on. sometime a month ago I was just playing some games on it when all of the sudden the thing just completely shut down, and after that I just couldn't get it to turn on.
The laptop is charging and the charging usb port is working too.

I also noticed that when the charger is plugged in and I press or hold the power button it makes a very quiet buzzing noise inside.

I took it to a local repair shop to get it checked and they said it's a problem with the motherboard, I kinda have my doubts about that since the laptop was working just perfectly fine.

Any ideas what could possibly be the problem?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019
Well - it appears the repair man is correct about assuming the fault is in the mobo itself.

Or possible the battery and/or wall adapter failed.

What was the state of the battery prior to the fault?
Pretty bad condition I would say, it would drain really fast.
I tried another charger and it still wouldn't work.

Ok. That adds to the odds for that the motherboard is to blame.

I have heard examples in forums where batteries have being suggested to replace, but I think that the cost is too high compared to the less chance that a battery replacement would make the laptop work again.

Aug 24, 2019
Oh yeah almost forgot to mention, I can charge the laptop till the light indicator turns from orange to blue meaning that the laptop has fully charged, but when I remove the charger and let the laptop sit for a few minutes and plug it back in the light goes back to orange. Are Acer laptops known for needing a battery even with a power adapter?