I own a Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 model gaming laptop (Intel i5-9300H). Recently I noticed that while running games or any other benchmarks my cpu clock speed drops from the usual 3.9 Ghz to 2.0 GHz or even lower and stays there. As soon as the application or game is closed or minimized the clock speed comes back to almost 4.0 GHz. I do not understand why this issue occurs. The BIOS is at latest version for this model.
- Temperatures ranges around 75C - 95C which is normal from the time I got my laptop
- And no, my laptop used to run at these temperatures AND AT MAXIMUM FREQUENCY without any throttling although it would show Thermal Throttling in ThrottleStop.
- Clock speed is normal while Idle
- I have not undervolted or underclocked my CPU/GPU
- I reset/re installed windows already and issue still persists
- I have also updated my BIOS to the latest version available
- Related Screenshots
- I tried to disable BD-Prochot, Intel Speed Step and every other major possibility that I found on the internet.
- Maximum & Minimum Processor State is set to 100% (Power Plan: High Performance w/ maximum performance settings AND Fan speed at Maximum)