Question Acer Nitro XV272U F3 - Is it a fake product?

chadedgar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2017
Came across this monitor on amazon, it is cheaper than all other 240hz monitors and claims to be 300hz at 2k resolution. I can't find this product on official site, is this a fake product?

May 26, 2024
I tried contacting the buyer, he claimed it's 300 hz.

I've been wondering the same for the last couple of days.

They even have a listing on flipkart.

HVS

May 26, 2024
HAHAHA, i was researching for the same product. Do tell me if you order XD also review it for us :p

May 26, 2024
I'll update the thread on Wednesday. That's the expected delivery date from Flipkart.

Opted for openbox delivery so I can check and confirm the box and then take delivery.

Reactions: Vic 40
May 26, 2024
Very rarely do I see a monitor of these specs for this price. Listed as out of stock on Flipkart and Amazon has one left albeit being cheaper than Flipkart.

The USA listing for the monitor is around 417 USD, which is < 32k INR.

So, no idea what just happened with this set but the monitor looks good, doesn't feel all the premium but is almost in the same range as my Gigabyte M27Q. The viewing angles are decent enough considering that it is an IPS panel. Colours, I think need to be calibrated. I do not like the out of the box exp.

May 31, 2024
Very rarely do I see a monitor of these specs for this price. Listed as out of stock on Flipkart and Amazon has one left albeit being cheaper than Flipkart.

The USA listing for the monitor is around 417 USD, which is < 32k INR.

So, no idea what just happened with this set but the monitor looks good, doesn't feel all the premium but is almost in the same range as my Gigabyte M27Q. The viewing angles are decent enough considering that it is an IPS panel. Colours, I think need to be calibrated. I do not like the out of the box exp.
I was looking to get this one too . I have few questions can you pls test it for me.
does 300hz supports natively without any overlock(or it's just a mode)?
Can you do a ufo frame skipping test and share the result (just Google search the test)
Aslo can you see any ghosting effects on normal ufo test or inverse ghosting.
How does it run fps games like valorant or c.s how is the ghosting effects inside the game ?

Does hdmi 2.1 here actually have support anything more then 144hz ? (Since most are fake2.1 ). Or you are forced to use d.p cable to get the full 300hz.
It there any future firmware updrage option in the settings menu?

I know its a lot of questions but you are the only source right now. There is literally no reviews available for it yet .
Thankyou in advance.

chadedgar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2017
I know its a lot of questions but you are the only source right now. There is literally no reviews available for it yet .
Thankyou in advance.
I found one review when I searched `XV272UKF` on youtube, not sure if it is same monitor with new model name. In the review you can see a lot of ghosting in UFO test. So I didn't buy it. You can try comparing it with monitors in similar range to decide if extra refresh rate is even worth it. On amazon you only get replacement by brand and I didn't want to go through that hassle in case product is not good.

May 26, 2024
Hey,

This monitor does have HDMI 2.1 but I do not use HDMI. Can't be of much help. I run all my monitors (3) on DP.

300 hz is working even with overdrive at normal or off. Works natively from what I have tested till now. Just set windows to 300 hz in the monitor setting and it calibrated immediately.

UFO test,
I do not see much ghosting at 300 fps , it shows up a bit. This depends on your personal taste in the end. I don't really know how to send you the results for this. In the end, I can see that this has a bit more ghosting than the M27Q that I own and the difference for me is ok to live with.

Biggest issue for me would be no USB C display option to easily connect laptops etc.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2024
https://we.tl/t-sH3kDUh4ye

frame skipping test.

170 hz is the m27q, 300 hz is the f3
Hi,
Can you please confirm, does this support 10-bit or 8-bit+FRC or 8-bit colors? There is no info on this anywhere, not even on the official website (Acer Nitro XV272U F3).
In windows, It'll be in Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced display -> Bit depth. I'm not sure about macos.
Example:
ccqgf9lc50wa1.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024
I think this is the only competitor for MSI Oculux NXG253R Which is the only 240hz+ monitor under 40k, that monitor is 360hz at 1080 and this is 1440p at 300hz, if the panel performance is good then this is clearly a better option at 10k less. How good is the gaming performance on this monitor you tested any esport titles with 300+ fps ?