[SOLVED] Acer Nitro XV340CK (or any wall mountable wide screen monitor) - Rotatable for vertical display?

HeelHook

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Hey everyone, I had a question about the Acer NItro XV340CK (or really any monitor that doesn't rotate on the stand but is wall mountable) ability to rotate content from the normal horizontal format to a vertical format.

It looks like while it is on the factory stand it is not able to rotate to view content vertically, but my question is, if I mount it on a VESA wall mounted arm that does rotate the needed 90 degrees, will it adjust to viewing content in the vertical/tall shape, or will it simply turn what I view in normal horizontal positioning on it's side (so I have bend my neck to read text)? I had in my head that the view/angle of the display was set by the computer/GPU etc and that I didn't need to factor in if a specific ultrawide monitor was capable of viewing content vertically, but now I'm completely questioning that idea.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
A lot of GPUs can rotate the image by itself, without need for the monitor to have this built-in.

So - connect your laptop to an external display, and play with video settings.