[SOLVED] Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 2K 165Hz G-Sync IPS - Problems with pixel and calibration.

AshIsBack

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
Hey guys I recently just sold my screen bled ridden Asus ROG Swift for this bad boy. However I have some concerns.

1. https://us.v-cdn.net/6029997/uploads/editor/c1/si81k78tbr06.png
Is there anyway I can have them match together? I know my secondary monitor is a 4k screen and this is 2k, so I presume that's why it would do this however is there any good compromise.

2. https://us.v-cdn.net/6029997/uploads/editor/iz/mmjt4xwq0lkl.jpg
I have a dead pixel? Or so it seems at the top right. I have read many things saying "if it's black it's not dead it just needs a massage to move the liquid over the screen" but I am not entirely sure I want to be rubbing my screen. Any suggestions or do I need to take this back?

3. What is the best settings for making the screen look the best? Settings meaning using the little pop out screen menu.

Cheers guys!

Solution
Thank you for your reply! I have been tampering with it for some time now however I am not entirely sure that this slightly yellow tint on "user" mode can be removed, I don't know. I am just looking for something that looks natural.
Try the other presets to see if it looks okay. I'm not sure about your OSD but in this Acer XF270HU the OSD has a color tab and in it I can change "temperature" where there are warm, cool, blue light, and user options.

Otherwise use user and change the color settings. If it looks too yellow, try increasing blue and decreasing red and green. Play around with it a bit.
1. I don't know what exactly you mean by this. Do you mean have one display be the same as the other?

2. Possibly? I can't tell from the photo if it is dead or stuck. Unless you really notice it and want to get rid of it you might as well leave it. If it is stuck, you can try taking a microfiber cloth, and while applying pressure to the area, turning off the display, and turning it back on. It's not guaranteed to work though. You could also try using those stuck pixel fix videos on youtube, which basically tries flashing colors on the screen to get it unstuck.

3. That's subjective, and you should try it on your own to decide. I don't mess with the color settings on my XF270HU but I do put it on the "warm" preset, as it's the least straining setting.

AshIsBack

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
1. I don't know what exactly you mean by this. Do you mean have one display be the same as the other?

2. Possibly? I can't tell from the photo if it is dead or stuck. Unless you really notice it and want to get rid of it you might as well leave it. If it is stuck, you can try taking a microfiber cloth, and while applying pressure to the area, turning off the display, and turning it back on. It's not guaranteed to work though. You could also try using those stuck pixel fix videos on youtube, which basically tries flashing colors on the screen to get it unstuck.

3. That's subjective, and you should try it on your own to decide. I don't mess with the color settings on my XF270HU but I do put it on the "warm" preset, as it's the least straining setting.

Thank you for your reply! I have been tampering with it for some time now however I am not entirely sure that this slightly yellow tint on "user" mode can be removed, I don't know. I am just looking for something that looks natural.

Try the other presets to see if it looks okay. I'm not sure about your OSD but in this Acer XF270HU the OSD has a color tab and in it I can change "temperature" where there are warm, cool, blue light, and user options.

Otherwise use user and change the color settings. If it looks too yellow, try increasing blue and decreasing red and green. Play around with it a bit.

Solution