Acer Predator XB271HU or Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

Charlie_24

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I've built a PC on DinoPC and these are my specs

CPU Intel® Core™ i7 7700K CPU (Quad Core, 4.2GHz - 4.5GHz, 8MB Cache)

Liquid CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Warranty 5 Year Bronze Warranty

RAM Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

Graphics Card MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G (Free Game)

Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero (Socket-1151, 4x DDR4, ATX)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit EN (OEM)

Storage Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA III HDD
Samsung 250GB 960 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

Case Corsair Crystal 570X RGB (No Optical Drive, ATX)

Power Supply Unit Corsair RMx Series™ Modular RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold

CPU Overclocking 4.8Ghz Overclock Stable on all CPU cores

Turnaround Dispatched within 10 working days

I plan on gaming at 1440p on Ultra for all current and future games among other things. Besides the main question of which monitor to pick, I've got a few other questions.

Is my case good? Do I need an optical drive?

Do I need to buy extra fans or am I okay?

Are all my specs good or is there anything you would change/add/remove etc?

And then obviously which monitor should I go for, I don't want someone to just tell the specs or tell me that they are equal its up to me. I've heard that the Asus is better but still suffers from bad Quality Assurance leading to monitors with a lot of BLB. Can you tell me which is better for my needs AND WHY.

Before you answer can you please make sure you have answered all the questions please, thanks in advance :D :)

Solution
well for the case first i do like how it looks but Hardware Canucks and some more hate it they say that it is unfinished and it should have a lot more features fore the price but its all up to your liking i like the design but again features my friend features also looks like you have enough fans cause the liquid cooler does add on 2 more so i would say you should have amazing air flow continuing on your going to be overclocking so i do recommend the intel tuning package its a extra warranty from intel that covers any damage cause by overclocking ive left a link below also are you a content creator cause for gaming 16 GB should do the trick but if your a content creator i recommend 32 GB from i know cause i am one another thing to add...

smartahsan

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
well for the case first i do like how it looks but Hardware Canucks and some more hate it they say that it is unfinished and it should have a lot more features fore the price but its all up to your liking i like the design but again features my friend features also looks like you have enough fans cause the liquid cooler does add on 2 more so i would say you should have amazing air flow continuing on your going to be overclocking so i do recommend the intel tuning package its a extra warranty from intel that covers any damage cause by overclocking ive left a link below also are you a content creator cause for gaming 16 GB should do the trick but if your a content creator i recommend 32 GB from i know cause i am one another thing to add on you only need a optical drive if you have no other computer and you have to install the drivers from the manufacturers disk if you do then dont get a optical drive you can just install them from their website and last but not least the monitor well i have heard from a few reddit users and they say the Asus one has a lot of defects and one guy said he had to go through 6 until he got a working one so i mean both are very strong choices but at the end of the day again it comes down to features and the Asus one is offering a 165 hertz refresh rate so i would go with the Asus one just because Asus is a well renowned brand and there customer service is awesome and more features hope i helped

Solution