Question Acer Predator XB272 + Mouse Freezes?

ashehadeh1

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Hello, I decided to post in the monitor section solely for the reason that I begin having my mouse issues after starting to use the Acer Predator XB272. Everything worked fine on my BenQ XL2410T plugged in via DVI-D.

After starting to use the 240 hz monitor today I began having mouse freezes that last close to 2 seconds and occur every 60 seconds or so. I have no idea why changing my monitor would introduce mouse stutters, I use the EC1-A at 400 dpi & 500 hz, could there be any issues there? Also, I have my monitored plugged in via displayport, Running latest nvidia drivers, G-Sync/V-sync disabled, Power Management Mode set to "Prefer Maximum Performance." The issue happens regardless of what I am doing, I could be in-game or just moving my mouse in circle motions on my desktop.

I appreciate any help!

Computer Specifications
Case: NZXT S340
Power Supply: EVGA 850w Bronze+
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU: I5-8600K OC 4.5GHZ
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz DDR4 16GB (2X8)
Hard Drive: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb + PNY C900 120gb
Video Card: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 DT
Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i v2
Headphones: BeyerDynamic MMX 300
Monitor: Acer Predator XB272
Mouse: ZOWIE EC1-A
Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Speed
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB

ashehadeh1

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
Also check to see if there is a newer driver for your gpu. Or just uninstall and reinstall your current driver.

Did you try uninstalling the mouse, then reboot the pc and let windows load drivers?

Sorry for the late response, and thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, those suggestions didn't work for me. I have a Zowie EC1-A and it's a plug-N-play no drivers needed mouse, and my GPU drivers were up to date.

TRENDING THREADS