[SOLVED] Acer Spin 513 Chromebook motherboard no display

Apr 16, 2022
Hi,
I have acer spin 513 arm Chromebook. I want to use the laptops motherboard as a sbc and use other parts like the monitor for other projects. The motherboard is snapdragon 7c arm gen1. When connecting just the power to the motherboard without the battery, it just starts blinking orange. With battery connected it shows blue light, but nothing on the monitor connected with usb-c. Now there is a problem putting everything back together, because even with the laptops monitor connected it just shows a slight grey at a second and then monitor remains turned off. The motherboard is in working condition, but I don't know how to make it work without the battery, or is that even possible? It is an ARM chromebook.

Solution
Ok, I managed to get the screen on with usb-c, so the motherboard is fine. In order to get it working, plugged in the battery, ac power, and it won't show the screen immediately (no boot screen). However I preset to boot from usb by default, plugged in arm iso linux image and it works. Still I don't know why without battery, it won't turn on. It clearly shows power by orange blinking, if somebody could point me into right direction, would appreciate it.
Apr 16, 2022
Ok, I managed to get the screen on with usb-c, so the motherboard is fine. In order to get it working, plugged in the battery, ac power, and it won't show the screen immediately (no boot screen). However I preset to boot from usb by default, plugged in arm iso linux image and it works. Still I don't know why without battery, it won't turn on. It clearly shows power by orange blinking, if somebody could point me into right direction, would appreciate it.

Solution