Acer Unveils Predator Gaming Displays With G-Sync

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

You realize all this information you are posting is related to the Acer XB270HU and not the XB271HU talked about in this article right? It is a completely different monitor with a different stand, bezel, and different features. Some aspects might be the same, but without testing you can't be sure that anything is the same.

Yes, if you follow the progress of the posts, this should be abundantly clear. Let's start with:

Judging only by the specs alone, the Asus ROG PG278Q currently offers the best performance out of all of the G-Sync monitors currently available overall.

1. You realize that that statement is "in this article" and that the Asus ROG PG278Q is not part of the predator line which is the general subject of this article, right ?

2. You realize of course that by quoting that very statement about the Asus monitor and the all inclusive "all G-Sync monitors" wording before my response, that I was directed my comment to the statement itself and not the general article topic, right ? Seems to me that if the author intended the statement to apply to only the XB271HU and Z35 he wouldn't have used the words, "all of the G-Sync monitors currently available overall" or even made mention of the Asus ROG PG278Q in the 1st place ... right ?

And following onward ...

Can anyone confirm what the max refresh rate while using ULMB is for the XB271HU? i know with the XB270HU it could only support 100hz with ULMB, so I was wondering if this display has the same limitation?

3. And that in answering this forum member's post, you realize that I was referring to **his post"" and specifically the Acer XB270HU / XB271HU comparison **in his post** and that the XB271HU is limited by the same limitation as the XB270HU because the current IPS panel limitations are common to both, ... right ?

Until they make a cable that can support the necessary bandwidth, it really doesn't matter what the monitor is capable of. DP1.3 was approved over a year ago, I haven't seen a DP 1.3 anything.

kinda surprised why no tech site hasn't reported on the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.