Acer Windows Mixed Reality HMD Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No, you can really ignore the world completely when considering where the gun is placed. If it's up 20 degrees and right 10 degrees from dead ahead of the headset, and 1.7 feet away (plus where it's pointed), that's where you'll see it on the screens in the headset. So the controller tracking accuracy isn't affected by how well the headset tracks its own position.

If the world tracking is off, that just means the rest of what you see on screen is shifted to some incorrect position.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

You seem to assume that tracking error will be some fixed or slowly-varying bias. To the extent there is, you can compensate for that, but I'm clearly more concerned about the higher frequency components of the estimation error.

In any case, my original question wasn't whether Sakkura thinks it should be an issue - it was specifically how well the controllers are tracked relative to the world. I think that's a legitimate question.

Status
Not open for further replies.