Acer Working on Windows 8 Haswell-based Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Spent, yeah, that's screen fetish in action. I swear, people will be clamoring for ultra HD smart watches soon enough, despite the resolution difference being invisible to the human eye.

The tablet itself sounds nice. I'm using Acer's earlier foray into the Windows 8 tablet area and I am very happy with it... Though, a bit of the old Acer garbage-hardware curse still persists in the form of needing a firmware update on the wireless card to get it to hold a solid internet connection. After that it has been very handy though.

bpdski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Poor spec choices IMO. I would have gone with a lower resolution 1080p panel and 8GB RAM. In my experience, 4GB just doesn't cut it anymore and isn't future proof at all. I'm very interested in buying a Haswell tablet sometime in the next year, but 8GB is a requirement for me.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
THANK YOU! at the very least the tom's hardware commenters seem to have LOADS of sense!
some dude was complaining at the 720p screen announced on the new galaxy s4 mini, and how it's completely outdated. i can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 5 inch screens!!! i'd very much be willing to settle for a 720p screen with superior battery!

Joshua Lieder

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
This will be another dud on arrival. We need at least 128gb for some Windows sofware such as Logos Bible Software with all my books, decent fonts for ereading software like Kindle, cool to the touch, lightweight machines with detachable keyboards not exposed ones that flip over foolishly. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.