Question Acer XFA240 144HZ keeps reverting back to 60HZ

Jun 23, 2019
Like the title says, my monitor keeps reverting back to 60HZ. To be more specific, it reverts back to 60hz the second I launch a game (PUBG) and stays stuck at 60hz forcing me to restart my computer to make it set to 144hz. When it reverts back to 60hz, I would go to advanced display settings, set it to 144, the screen would go black and then it would say 144 in the drop down menu as if it applied still says 60hz in the display information. Then I would try Nvidia control panel, go down to PC and choose 1920x1080 with 144hz and the screen would go black and as soon as i hit confirm, I would physically see it automatically go back up to Native 1920x1080 at 60hz.

As i said, it lets me change it to 144hz after i restart my computer, but the second I launch a game, it goes back to 60hz and stays stuck. This used to happen before and i would just have to restart and it would be okay for a day or so even after i launched games, but now it's not letting me play at 144hz at all.

i've updated my nvidia drivers, my display port is fine and i've searched all over the internet for an answer but can't find one specific to my issue. If anyone can help me, that would be amazing because I am so frustrated right now...

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
Geforce GTX 1070
16 gb RAM
1920x1080
Geforce Driver Version: 430.86

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried working with DDU to rid the system of your GPU drivers and then reinstalling with WHQL version of the drivers? What is the make and model of your monitor and the make and model of your PSU? On another note, which version of Windows 10 are you on?