Acer's 24-Inch Predator XB1 Overclocks to 165Hz With G-Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Not to be the first to poo poo this, but 24"? Sorry, are we not getting beyond that screen size? I suppose not all of us are, but YAWN! So sleepy. Not for me and check the price tag - it probably won't be for many others either.

Jan_26

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
The trouble with that is you get perspective error... since computer renders the scene for flat presentation. When you rotate your screens the are off by the angle they hold. For some games it's hardly noticable. For some, you notice it quite easily, likely depending on Field of view the game renders at. Curved screen would be better if the scene could be rendered for "curved camera"... which afaic is not done anywhere so far. This 'angle' problem is first addressed by nV with Pascal cards, which can actually render for multiple cameras. Haven't seen how well that works though so...

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
"Not to be the first to poo poo this, but 24"? Sorry, are we not getting beyond that screen size?"

Umm... no? Last year I upgraded from 20" to a 24" and it still seems huge to me. And I couldn't possibly fit anything bigger on my desk. How big do you need when you're sitting right in front of the bloody thing? If you want big, play on a TV.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
none of you can tell the difference between 100hz and 165 hz, i guarantee it. 120hz is the best because it can be divided into 24hz and 30 hz perfectly.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Easy I don't have a desk the size of a postage stamp. Seriously? The footprint of 27" 1440/120Hz IPS goodness monitor is not that much larger than a 24" monitor. You must have one tiny, tiny workspace. And that's ok for you - I have a larger desk and can run with 3 27" panels with plenty of room (1080 to run the center, 970 runs both outer). Works for me and I'm sorry you don't have the real estate for a larger monitor (they are amazing when you need to get a ton done).

Status
Not open for further replies.