Acer's F1 With Snapdragon CPU in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Jeese, another computer assembler getting into the phone business. At least Apple writes software. Acer, Dell, these companies take computer parts and assemble them in a factory, how does that make them think it would be a good idea to stamp their name on a phone some other company designed and probably even built?

Carlo1440

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Hellwig, even the best phone companies in the world sometimes sell phones for which all they've done is put their name on it. The Palm Treo Pro, for example, was made by HTC and uses Windows Mobile as it's OS.

Astrotrain 1000, glad to see you picked up on that too! ;-)

I like how Jane said "Pricewise, you don’t want to know. Word on the street says roughly $750. And to think, last week we were all complaining about AT&T charging $599 for a no-commit iPhone. The nerve!"

I am from Australia, but my cousin who lives in America almost hit the floor when I told her I paid around A$600 for my unlocked Palm Treo 750.

We don't get rebates, this, that and the other. When a top-shelf comes out here, we have to pay A$1300! Remember the HTC TyTN II? The cheapest price here is STILL around A$700! So quit your whining! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.