Acer's Iconia B1 Android Tablet Outed

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Will THG ever do something about the joke of a picture 'zoom ?

Two levels of zoom and still the same small picture where you can't read the details.

Sad, so very sad.

halcyon

Splendid
512MB of RAM? 8GB of storage? Are you SERIOUS? Great, another weak tablet...who wants that crap? Is it that much more costly for Acer to release an entry level tablet with reasonable entry level specs. Its about to be 2013 .

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
512MB of RAM? NOPE.AVI
If a $50 computer (Raspberry Pi) could fit 512MB of RAM into their SOC what's Acer's excuse?
Especially if 1GB of the stuff is $2.40 per chip.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
512MB is borderline able to run android 4.1, (you get about 100-150MB of RAM free to run your apps.

most apps run fine with that except the web browser which freezes if you try sites like 4chan or similar sites where a single thread can have 100+ images, the browser will just eat all available memory and then force quit.

(some browsers like chrome will unload non visible areas to deal with limited memory but it slows the overall experience and scrolling, and .gif heavy sites will still crash it.

for android 3.x and up, 1GB is the minimum amount of RAM, accept no less.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Will THG ever do something about the joke of a picture 'zoom ?Two levels of zoom and still the same small picture where you can't read the details.Sad, so very sad.[/citation] Hey man, I think I figured it out. You're supposed to click it, and then move your face closer to the screen.

[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Just another cheap Android POS that only house70 and the five other android fanboys in the world will buy.[/citation]
Ouch. I am soooo lucky to have you keep an eye on my purchases. LOL
Looks like you have your work cut up; you have to do the same for the remainder 70% of the world mobile users, since they all prefer Android.
However, I am flattered for the personal touch you put in your trolling this time. LOL. Means that a lot of my comments hit a sensible spot, the one that's covered by that immense chip on your shoulder. Goodbye.

Back on topic: specs of this are too low. I don't see it selling, except for parents that really look for a cheap tablet for their toddlers. Cheap as in less than 50 bucks.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
These specs about year and half ago would have been reasonable, but no one is going to pay much for a device like this now don't know why even designed a new product with specs like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.