Acer's Not-New But New XG270HU Offers FreeSync

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojobear

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I think there may be an error here. The G-sync version is XG27HU and the now free-sync revealed version is XG270HU. I think this has been the nomenclature since their announcement in Jan 2015

funguseater

Distinguished
Yeah, the G-sync model is XB270HU and the Freesync was added to the XG270HU with eye-protect or something, both announced together and out this march. Makes most of the story kinda pointless eh??

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I guess we will see how much of a premium G-Sync carries. My guess is not a lot until Adaptive Sync becomes more integrated with mass produced DP chipsets.

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Wow. I guess g-sync would be nice (have a 750ti) or free-sync (if you're of the other persuasion), but is the new announcement showing a more reasonable price...or do I just have to go with a new Qnix, goose it, and do without sync?

Xenophage

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
A simple Internet search reveals this article to be completely false. The two monitor models are not the same name, nor even the same panel technology. They are completely different in just about every way. The XG model that supports FreeSync is a TN panel with no bezel and the SB model with G-Sync is an IPS panel.

Mike Coberly

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
This would be the panel I have been waiting for. 1440P @ 144Hz with 1ms response time. This is the perfect replacement for my Acer GN246HL

Ahoygo

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Interested only in half of the channels provided in the $25/month package. Why not give us a list of channels for us to pick the ones we like? Choose 12 channels for the $25/month package is more interesting.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Nothing in the original announcement from Acer for the XG270HU mentions Adaptive Sync, nor does your linked announcement article, which points to another Toms article that you wrote. Going back through the linked articles nothing actually links to the Acer announcement form Jan 3.

If you have further information, from Acer, about the XG270HU, and can provide a link to the original source, showing that Acer is even going to release a VESA Adaptive Sync monitor, please share.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I like how the author is assuming that Freesync will in fact perform as well as GSYNC and that the price point will be lower. Really? Where are your facts? Where are the official MSRP price quotes from Acer? Oh, that's right - they don't exist! Stop trying to be Brian Williams. We don't want to know the way it wasn't. We want FACTS. If you don't know them, then don't put speculative information in your article. Worst case, put a disclaimer in with it. How about this. Let's just wait for the official price announcement as well as the hardware reviews on these monitors before putitng the stamp of approval on Freesync. NUFF SAID!

Epif

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2015
Shockingly they still have not fixed all the errors in this article. Shameful... I thought Tom's was better than this.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
someone missed a chance for semi-logical model namings... why couldn't they let the X*G*... model be the GSynch monitor, and make the other an X*A*... for AMD?
Having XG... for the amd tech and XB for the NVidia tech is just weird..
Also, since the panels are not the same, how will these two serve as a good way to compare and contrast? They are similar, but hardly as close to one another as they could have been. I'm sure another vendor will release two models that look and have the same innards, except one has the extra NVidia tech.. that will be an interesting comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.