[SOLVED] Actiontec ECB6000 MOCA setup?

Apr 19, 2020
This MOCA network setup is new to me and I was giving 2 Actiontec ECB6000 adaptors (only 1 coax connection on it). I currently have Comcast as my phone/Internet/tv provider.

Seems I can't upload a drawing of the layout.

The main Comcast incoming line has a POE filter before the 2-way splitter. One coax line goes to the Office where the Comcast modem (DPC3941T XB3) is located. The other coax line after the split goes to the living room for the TV and this room is the furthest from the office room. There is weak WiFi in the living room so I thought I could use these Actiontec MOCA adapters given to me, but I can't figure out how to set them up. The office and living room only have 1 Coax outlet in them.

Any idea's how to get these to work or I'm I out of luck?

Thanks

Solution
Gotcha. I think you've got the wiring down except for one thing you should most definitely try first--you may not need a moca adapter at the cable modem at all since that box has native moca. You may have to log in to the router part of it to enable it, but that may be all.

If this works, you can set up the splitter in the TV room as you described and it should connect to the modem. If it does not, then you will have to also put a splitter at the modem how you described.
So because these units don't have the passthrough like the ecb6200, you will need to use a splitter at the cable modem as well as the tv room so you can connect the moca devices to the coax and still have coax going to the modem and tv. And these splitters have to be moca compliant, ie pass and not block moca signals.

But that's the toughest part of what you have to do. Once you plug them in and turn them on, they'll sync within a minute and you should have a solid connection between them so you won't have any wifi issues any more in the living room.

Also depending on how the comcast modem is set up, you might not need to use a moca adapter on that side at all as the DPC3941T XB3 may have moca built-in. Then you would only need to connect the ecb6000 in the living room to get a moca connection working.

Apr 19, 2020
So because these units don't have the passthrough like the ecb6200, you will need to use a splitter at the cable modem as well as the tv room so you can connect the moca devices to the coax and still have coax going to the modem and tv. And these splitters have to be moca compliant, ie pass and not block moca signals.

But that's the toughest part of what you have to do. Once you plug them in and turn them on, they'll sync within a minute and you should have a solid connection between them so you won't have any wifi issues any more in the living room.

Also depending on how the comcast modem is set up, you might not need to use a moca adapter on that side at all as the DPC3941T XB3 may have moca built-in. Then you would only need to connect the ecb6000 in the living room to get a moca connection working.

Thanks for the reply..It seems I will need to order the correct splitters. In the office with the modem I’m going to take the coax from the wall into the splitter and then run from the splitter to the modem. Then the other coax to the moca device, then connect the moca device to the modem with a Ethernet cable? In the living room coax from wall to splitter and then one coax to the tv box and the other coax to the moca device? I’m I thinking correctly?

Gotcha. I think you've got the wiring down except for one thing you should most definitely try first--you may not need a moca adapter at the cable modem at all since that box has native moca. You may have to log in to the router part of it to enable it, but that may be all.

If this works, you can set up the splitter in the TV room as you described and it should connect to the modem. If it does not, then you will have to also put a splitter at the modem how you described.

Solution