Activating a Pirate Copy of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Bata_

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
So my grandfather bought a PC some time ago. He didin't build it, someone assembled it for him and since im his "pc guru" he is telling me that in his windows desktop it shows some white message telling him to activate windows. It really annoys him out, i told him it is because that is a pirate version of windows 8 and probabbly the system already noticed. He is actually willing to pay windows 8 license in order to get rid of that message. So here come my questions, is there anything wrong with paying for a license code and putting it in the pirate copy of windows? It has any disadvantages? Will it work like a normal windows or it will be exactly the same as a normal windos? Should he install the originall OS instead?
All answers are hugely appreciated.

4745454b

Titan
Correct. You can pay for a copy of windows. I think from win7 on you can just enter the valid key to make it work.

You asked if there was anything wrong with doing that. Technically no. It will activate, and life will go on. The only issue is how good/clean was the hack copy that was installed. One of the possible issues with keeping a hack install of windows on your computer is you don't know what other things are in there. It could have come with a rootkit that is feeding info to you don't know who. Seeing as you get a copy of windows when you buy it you should format and install. That way you know you have a good/clean copy of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.