Activation Error After Clean Install of Windows 7

May 3, 2018
Greetings,

This is my first post here and I created an account just to ask this question.

So last week I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my computer following what I thought was a complete tutorial that contains all the information that I needed to know. So I carefully followed everything that was written in the tutorial: I made a back-up of my files, I retrieved my Windows 7 product key, I downloaded a legit Windows 7 ISO from the internet, made a bootable flashdrive containing the Windows 7 ISO, and finally, did a clean-install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on my computer. When the install was done, I tried to activate Windows 7 using the product key that I retrieved but to my surprise, it did not work. Whenever I try to change the product key and re-type the product key, making sure that the I am pressing the right keys, the activation would fail and I would get the error code "0XC004E003 - The Software Licensing Service reported that the license
evaluation failed."

So I did a bit of research, it turns out that the product key that I retrieved was an OEM-SLP product key and that what I need to activate Windows 7 is a OEM-COA. Also, according to my research, a full SLIC table in my computer's BIOS and an OEM certificate is required together with my OEM-SLP product key for Windows 7 to activate. I tried to find a SLIC table in my BIOS using some sort of a program but I was not able to find one. This very important piece of information was not covered in the tutorial that I read.

I searched for solutions online and tried some but unfortunately, they did not work. There is no phone activation option in my Windows activation dialog. I search the sides and bottom of desktop's casing and also search the insides of my desktop for a COA sticker but I was not able to find one.

I am very disappointed in myself for not knowing this information beforehand. I am only a 16 year-old student and I am not really financially capable of just buying a new desktop. I can buy one, however, I will have to work for my dad's accounting firm in order to earn the money for it. I don't want to sit back behind a computer screen full of numbers every weekday after school for one year just to be able to buy a new desktop. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I advise against trying to do anything with the BIOS. You are actually attempting to circumvent the Windows activation which is not something we can help you with. You have the answer you need which is to buy a legit key or another computer. Sorry, that is it... nothing more to say about that.

I have seen this so many times it makes we wonder how Microsoft makes any money. I can almost guarantee that when I walk into a business and it has all custom built computers that have Windows 7 Ultimate they don't have COA stickers and have been pirated. Business owners just paid some local company to install them and don't know or care whether they are properly licensed.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
So if you didn't buy this computer from a store and it does not have a COA sticker and it had Windows 7 Ultimate on it then someone installed a pirated version of Windows on there and that key will never work to activate. So, your choices are; find a retail Windows 7 key for Windows 7 Home Premium somewhere, buy a used desktop with Windows 7 already installed and activated, or buy a new computer with Windows 10 on it. Ebay has Windows 7 licenses for under $50 but you need a RETAIL key. You will see tons of OEM keys but those are for system builders who sell and support computers. That is all I will say on that to avoid argument but trust me, retail key is only legitimate way to go in this situation.

bignastyid

Titan
If it's a legitimate OEM copy of 7 they should have attached a COA sticker with the product key on it. If you don't have the sticker you don't have a license and need to buy one, and it's very possible the OS was pirated if purchased from a local shop. If you can't afford one you can run Win 10 unactivated and will just lose some personalization options, have a watermark and get the occasional activation nag. Then just buy a key when you can to activate.

May 3, 2018
Hello and thank you for your replies,

I did a lot of research yesterday and found out that in order for my OEM SLP key to activate Windows 7, I also need the SLP certificate file and my BIOS should have a SLIC in it. I did not know these two things until the activation failed and I did a research.

So, is it possible to still retrieve the original SLP certificate from..? Where is it located? Also, is it possible for me to imprint/embed a SLIC into my BIOS?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I advise against trying to do anything with the BIOS. You are actually attempting to circumvent the Windows activation which is not something we can help you with. You have the answer you need which is to buy a legit key or another computer. Sorry, that is it... nothing more to say about that.

I have seen this so many times it makes we wonder how Microsoft makes any money. I can almost guarantee that when I walk into a business and it has all custom built computers that have Windows 7 Ultimate they don't have COA stickers and have been pirated. Business owners just paid some local company to install them and don't know or care whether they are properly licensed.

Solution