Active Cooling vs Passive Cooling for GT 1030

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I have an option to pick up a Passively cooled Asus GT 1030 at a good price but i doubt if it would be able to run cool in my small form factor Dell PC. Though i'm not going to OC. The other choices i have in mind are Zotac, Palit and Gigabyte. Please suggest what i should choose. If active cooled, then which one has the best Cooling?

Solution
A GT 1030 draws about the same wattage as your current GT730.
If you are now fanless, you should be no worse off.
If your current card has a fan, consider a low profile card with a fan.
I have no preference on brands.

If you can find a low profile slot fan, that might be a good idea if you go fanless.

Possibly, you could mount a small 80mm fan as exhaust in the remaining expansion slot openings.

There should really be some sort of active measure to get heat out of the case.

Sagar_20

Distinguished

This is the link to my PC.
It's so compact i could not even add the second ram stick in to it before uninstalling the first which sits close to the cpu fan. As of now, the cpu temps are in the range 40 to 45° C on Load, It's a 2nd Gen Core i5 while my Zotac GT 730 stays at 34°C Idle. Perhaps i should get an actively cooled card. What brand would you suggest?

A GT 1030 draws about the same wattage as your current GT730.
If you are now fanless, you should be no worse off.
If your current card has a fan, consider a low profile card with a fan.
I have no preference on brands.

If you can find a low profile slot fan, that might be a good idea if you go fanless.

Possibly, you could mount a small 80mm fan as exhaust in the remaining expansion slot openings.

There should really be some sort of active measure to get heat out of the case.

Solution

Sagar_20

Distinguished

Mounting a fan to this case i doubt if that's even possible doesn't sound like a good idea I think i will go for an actively cooled card instead. I look forward to Zotac as it offers an additional 2 year extended warranty.

Latest posts