[SOLVED] Active Disk Wont boot

julio_3

Honorable
Dec 23, 2015
alright i have an issue where i cant boot into windows without having my second harddrive installed. So what I tried was to mark my OS SSD to "active" in windows disk management and when i restarted my pc it said "an operating system wasn't found" i messed with diskpart in CMD from a Windows Media Creation USB Tool for a while selecting every partition and every drive possible and setting it to active restarting my pc each time but I had no luck. After about an hour of dealing with it I finally tried to list my OS SSD as "inactive" and boom it booted into windows. but now im stuck with having to have my second hard drive installed at all times because without it my windows wont boot. Please help

+

Solution
alright i have an issue where i cant boot into windows without having my second harddrive installed. So what I tried was to mark my OS SSD to "active" in windows disk management and when i restarted my pc it said "an operating system wasn't found" i messed with diskpart in CMD from a Windows Media Creation USB Tool for a while selecting every partition and every drive possible and setting it to active restarting my pc each time but I had no luck. After about an hour of dealing with it I finally tried to list my OS SSD as "inactive" and boom it booted into windows. but now im stuck with having to have my second hard drive installed at all times because without it my windows wont boot. Please help

+

+

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/...dd-for-windows-7-8-8-1-and-10-on-your-dell-pc

Solution