[SOLVED] Adapter settings in BIOS?

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Hi all,

is it possible to change adaptor wattage in BIOS. I have dell studio 1555 with 90 W adaptor. I am facing issues with it and I would like to switch to 65 W adapter.

However I tried a compatible 65 w adapter, it displays some low capacity adaptor warning in boot menu, and does not charge battery .

This is strange as the specs sheet on dell website mentions both 65 w and 90 w adapter.

so can i change BIOS to 65 w?

is my battery 90 W hence its not charged by a 65 w adapter?

thanks

Solution
Hi all,

is it possible to change adaptor wattage in BIOS. I have dell studio 1555 with 90 W adaptor. I am facing issues with it and I would like to switch to 65 W adapter.

However I tried a compatible 65 w adapter, it displays some low capacity adaptor warning in boot menu, and does not charge battery .

This is strange as the specs sheet on dell website mentions both 65 w and 90 w adapter.

thanks
No, not possible. If you need a new 90W adapter buy one, and if the price is a problem you can check into generic replacements that are guaranteed the same as OEM.

RealBeast

Titan
Hi all,

thanks
No, not possible. If you need a new 90W adapter buy one, and if the price is a problem you can check into generic replacements that are guaranteed the same as OEM.

Reactions: icarus2712
Solution