Adaptor information unavailable

BLizZaRth

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
So...I was in the loading screen of League of Legends and the moment I hoped into the game pixels started de-coluoring (actually turning green) and then I got a blue screen.It automatically rebooted and I got the repair option, ran it, and it restored my pc sometime earlier.After the repair was completed and I was finally looking at my desktop again it was at minimum resolution and the greenish pixels still there.What is really weird is that when I looked over at the advanced settings in the "adjust resolution" tab every single info about my GPU was and still is set as "unavailable" or n/a. What I did was to completely remove any GPU drivers and try to install the previous version (From nvidia 320.49 WHQL to 320.18 WHQL) but failed since the installer could not identify the GPU. After I tried to reboot the visual was down and I had to switch to DVI where I was able to update Windows with as many net.framework & windows update as possible.That did kinda of help since I am now back on VGA mode but there is still nothing I can think of to help the system identify my graphics card.

My specs are:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
Motherboard GA-880GM-UD2H
8gb ram ddr3 Corsair
Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Twin frozr II
OS Windows 7 Home Prenium SP1

What is really odd is that although in the "Advanced setting" mention before it is as if there is not GPU at all cpu-z does show that it is Nvidia GeForce 470 as aswell as its revision (A3) and 40nm technology along with 1280Mb memory size but no Core, Shaders or memory Clock and no Memory Type and Bus Width.If it is of any use I can currently max my resolution at 1280x1024 on VGA mode and maximum on DVI.

BLizZaRth

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

I might be able to test it in a friend's system...but could it be? I mean all of a sudden?By any means I don't want to go back to 5770...

BLizZaRth

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

It's a Chieftec 750W 80+. Way more that what my system requires.

BLizZaRth

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

I swapped with the 5570 and tried both pin connectors.Works like a charm.Guess my 470 is destined to decorate my room.By the way it looked exactly the same as the day bought, except for a scratch or two on the metal plating but still fine.
If I may ask before closing this thread... I was thinking about fully upgrading my system (keeping the tower and the hard disk).That would be around summer 2014...I guess there is going to be a new GPU gen. by then but they seem like they are getting all the more crappy by the year.Any tips on keeping my rig well-preserved?

It is essentially impossible to predict now what will be the best components to buy almost a year from now. I can only offer some general suggestions.
Look for quality, because quality lasts. If you buy a good PSU, case, and motherboard, you'll have a solid framework for a long-lasting system.
Try to estimate your future needs. Within reason, buying a little more capacity than you need today will be cheaper than buying just enough, but having to upgrade quickly. RAM and drive space fit this model pretty well, especially assuming rising prices.
Watch for deals. Some things should not be bought early, because they'll be obsolete, but if you see 1TB hard drives available for $50, or a good CPU cooler for 40% off, it may make sense to buy it early and hold it.
Cases get heavily discounted when new models are coming. Watch for something you like in an older line to be cheap.
Keep in mind that new models coming out don't cause existing ones to quit or slow to a crawl.