Adaptor replacement for tplink switch

Rekemrekem

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
My tplink switch adaptor is rated 9 volt s 600mah. But sometimes the switch doesnt power on , sometimes it does and when it does it performs normal. But really it doesnt power ON sometimes then i measure the voltage on the adaptor. It is only 5.87 volts. I think this is where the problem comes from..

Now i buy a generic switching adaptor. I find a closer match 9 volts 1,000 ampere. (1A) but it is 400mah higher on current as the original is only 600mah.
Is it okay to use this adaptor , doesn't the over current heat or damage the tplink switch itself? Should I leave this as is or should i use " optional strategy" fix?

--------_-------------------_-------__------
Optional strategy..

Or should i use a resistor to minimize the current flow. Then what value should be put?
(Ill cut the + side of the wire and put a resistor in series between the cutted wire.)

Solution
What is most important is that the voltage matches. The end device will only take as much current as it needs so it is safe to use a power supply that can provide much more current. Most times even with the power adapter that comes with unit the switch does not actually use all the available power.
What is most important is that the voltage matches. The end device will only take as much current as it needs so it is safe to use a power supply that can provide much more current. Most times even with the power adapter that comes with unit the switch does not actually use all the available power.

Solution
No the extra power is just not used.

Think about your power coming into the house. It is 110 or 220 and has circuit breakers to prevent too much power from being used. The end devices do not pull unlimited power and trip those breakers just because you have say 200 amps coming into your house.