[SOLVED] Adata SSD Causes BIOS To Freeze

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I am trying to recover some data/pictures from a SSD that belongs to my parents. When you start up the laptop with the drive, the caps lock and num lock blink 5 times (which indicates online a motherboard failure). At this point, you can't do anything at all. I have tried to get into the BIOS and simply can't. It is frozen before it gets there. I bought a 2nd SSD, installed windows to it, and no issue at all. Clearly, it's an issue with the drive. Do you guys have any recommendations on how I can access the contents of the drive to try and retrieve these pictures for them? I am at a loss and would look to get these for them. Thanks!

Would this be any different than trying to plug it into another laptop or desktop? I tried plugging it into my personal desktop and it does the same thing (freezes up at the BIOS screen)
sometimes it could, sometimes the same, try to bring the ssd to local technican and let them test the ssd externally, if it still freezes, then clearly the ssd is unaccessable in normal ways..

LeGaCyGiAnT124

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
sometimes it could, sometimes the same, try to bring the ssd to local technican and let them test the ssd externally, if it still freezes, then clearly the ssd is unaccessable in normal ways..

I just ordered a cable, should be here Thursday. Hoping it works out.

That is the thing too, I swear I can't find anyone that works on computers anymore since they are so cheap to replace anymore.