Review Adata Swordfish M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Affordable, Secure Storage

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I really wonder at times if all gosh & gee whiz Tom's throws out on devices that are fractional seconds faster matters in the real world. Have any of these new & improved devices ever been tested by average Joes and not the "Let's get the highest score in Call of Duty" crowd. I noticed a definite speed increase when I went from 32-bit OS to 64-bit OS, but when I installed a SSD drive as my boot drive nothing perceptively changed. Until the SSD crashed & lost everything and absolutely NOTHING could recover the data. Thank goodness for AOMEI Backupper & WD MyCloud.

but when I installed a SSD drive as my boot drive nothing perceptively changed. Until the SSD crashed & lost everything and absolutely NOTHING could recover the data. Thank goodness for AOMEI Backupper & WD MyCloud.
You had 4-5 second boot times with a spinning drive, and the same boot times after an upgrade to an SSD? Or you had 30 second boots, and same boot times after upgrade?

(The SSD is normally a 'night and day' difference compared to a spinning drive...)

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Boot time was the same. Loading applications the same. Losing everything due to a drive crash NOT the same.
That sounds strange. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Everyone I upgrade noticed a difference between a SSD and HDD for everything. I even notice big responsiveness differences between even SATA and NVMe, personally. What drive/system was it? Good thing you’re smart and have backups in place!

Sometimes people clone and forget to remove their old drives and continue to use their HDD without noticing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS