Adata XPG GAMMIX S10 SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
In the right context with the right mindset this is a decent SSD. If you're a frequent reader of Tomshardware, it's probably not for you. Maybe your kid would appreciate it with that flashy heat sink and all.

edit: a few words

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009

I'm confident you already know the answer to that. Cost is the ultimate limiting factor, and as long as there is demand for smaller capacities due to the budget constraints of others, 120/128GB SSDs will continue to exist. And it seems clear that people still find them plenty functional, or else they wouldn't be buying them.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

I love a small SSD, I use DATAPLEX, however without the software a 120GB is less than useful for an enthusiast PC.
to me it was a waste of the reviewers time I am only glad they got paid for it
the results were known by anyone who has ever read more than the article titles here before the review
120GB is half the speed of a 240. again why the review?

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
120GB are fine for stuffing in Office machines and laptops for light use. Sometimes you don't need or want to have masses of data stored on machines, you just want speed of daily tasks. 60GB is often fine for machines that do Word or Excel all day.

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
They grabbed bottom of the barrel chips and cover the mess with a big red piece of airflowkilling plastic. Tom`s propaganda unit then writes lipstick on the pig.

HERETIC-1

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
MISCHON-I think you are being very unfair to Chris-He writes it as he sees it,and I think he was spot on....

Chris,what do you think the reason is for Samsung's poor performance in mixed read/write? Seems the only area they fall down.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015

I don't remember writing in lipstick. What color was it? The testing shows the product in a very clear light.

ev3rm0r3

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I don't understand why my 961 m.2 256gb stick from 2 years ago still outperforms all of these listed 2:1. I can hit read/writes considerably higher even for a 256gb model. As far as the 120gb model, honestly from day one I've always separated my OS from the installs/media/gaming drives I use. You get much better performance breaking up your os from your read/write/float from other software/media that way. So if you throw windows even onto a 60gb ssd m.2 you will still be under-reaching its max performance while having all your installs on a much bigger m.2 preferably for the installs.

I would say on laptops you would be confined to just 1 m.2 but that's not the case anymore either so you can easily still split your load on a laptop between 2 drives in the same manner. I don't think I'll ever host my os on my main drive that shares everything. That's too much risk of total loss if that one drive fails. And yes its more then a practical setup. It's not really an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.