Question Add a graphics card to my Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny ?

Apr 28, 2023
hello, so i have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny and i want to add a graphics card to it,
I think you can do it by converting wifi mini pcie to full pcie.
I found THIS on Amazon.

Could you recommend anything better?
Also, it would be better if it was somewhere in europe so it ships faster (im in Bulgaria).
If it is even possible?

Also, which graphics cards would it work with?

Last edited:
You cannot add a graphics card to the machine itself and that adapter won't work, it will not have the bandwidth for a graphics card and is a bad idea. You can do it and you might even get a picture on screen, but gaming will be terrible if that's what you want to do. Forget this idea totally.

You need a different computer, forget upgrading this one.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Apr 28, 2023
You cannot add a graphics card to the machine itself and that adapter won't work, it will not have the bandwidth for a graphics card and is a bad idea. You can do it and you might even get a picture on screen, but gaming will be terrible if that's what you want to do. Forget this idea totally.

You need a different computer, forget upgrading this one.
well would it be better performance than intel hd 4600, i would just want a maybe low end nvidia gtx card which is better than the integrated graphics but it is cheap, is there a adapter which will work?
i have an idea for the GTX 660?

well would it be better performance than intel hd 4600, i would just want a maybe low end nvidia gtx card which is better than the integrated graphics but it is cheap, is there a adapter which will work?
i have an idea for the GTX 660?
No, it won't be better performance than the HD 4600 because even if you managed to connect it that way, it would be choked by the limited bandwidth and the pitiful PSU has no chance of actually powering a discrete video card of any kind.

This is why enthusiasts always build our own PCs. We know that we can add and subtract parts whenever we want to. With branded PCs, especially small form factors like the Lenovo Tiny, the manufacturers don't want you to be able to upgrade them because they want you to buy a whole new machine from them.

This is why I always tell people that if they're buying a craptop or some oddball form factor (like a Lenovo Tiny) to make sure that it's powered by an AMD APU. The Radeon GPUs that come with those are FAR superior to their Intel counterparts.

There is no way to upgrade the graphics capability of that machine. These machines are dirt cheap and the reason for that is they're designed for use in an office where the most intensive task is word-processing. You're basically asking us how to use a Tata Nano to tow a 30' boat uphill. It's just not going to happen.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're screwed.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Apr 28, 2023
No, it won't be better performance than the HD 4600 because even if you managed to connect it that way, it would be choked by the limited bandwidth and the pitiful PSU has no chance of actually powering a discrete video card of any kind.

This is why enthusiasts always build our own PCs. We know that we can add and subtract parts whenever we want to. With branded PCs, especially small form factors like the Lenovo Tiny, the manufacturers don't want you to be able to upgrade them because they want you to buy a whole new machine from them.

This is why I always tell people that if they're buying a craptop or some oddball form factor (like a Lenovo Tiny) to make sure that it's powered by an AMD APU. The Radeon GPUs that come with those are FAR superior to their Intel counterparts.

There is no way to upgrade the graphics capability of that machine. These machines are dirt cheap and the reason for that is they're designed for use in an office where the most intensive task is word-processing. You're basically asking us how to use a Tata Nano to tow a 30' boat uphill. It's just not going to happen.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're screwed.
even if i had a psu for the graphics card would it be atleast a little better? than intel integrated

but i have seen that i may be able to upgrade the cpu? since its not sotered soldered.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
hello, so i have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny and i want to add a graphics card to it,
I think you can do it by converting wifi mini pcie to full pcie.
I found THIS on Amazon.

Could you recommend anything better?
Also, it would be better if it was somewhere in europe so it ships faster (im in Bulgaria).
If it is even possible?

Also, which graphics cards would it work with?

if you can find a low profile GTX 1650, it might work.

please read this guide carefully first before looking for a gpu. See if the upgrade is applicable to the m93p that you have.

Last edited:
even if i had a psu for the graphics card would it be atleast a little better? than intel integrated

but i have seen that i may be able to upgrade the cpu? since its not sotered soldered.
It all depends on whether the BIOS is locked to that CPU or not. Some of these "brand-in-a-box" desktops lock the BIOS so that you can't even upgrade that (they're real pieces of guano that way). So, sure, if you can upgrade the CPU, but an Intel CPU of the same socket won't have an IGP that's any better than what you already have. It would be a complete waste of money.

I'm sorry but you're stuck.