[SOLVED] Added 2 more RAM, pc posts but black screen

Mar 20, 2020
Hey, so ive been searching high and low for an answer but to no avail, I recently bought 2 extra 8gb Corsair 2666mhz ram on top of the other two i already have (made sure they were the same). But when I add these two to my motherboard, my pc turns on but my peripherals dont light up and my monitor is just a black screen. Ive tried resetting the cmos both using the jumper and the battery. Ive check the motherboard and the cpu and nothing is out of place.
Heres the kicker though, the pc will only fully boot when the RAM is in Dimm slots A1 and A2, when I add the other 2 into B1 and B2, no success

Specs:
Asus Prime Z370m Plus ii
Intel i5 9600k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb 2666mhz (x4)
Geforce rtx 2060
Corsair H80i v2
Samsung qvo 860 ssd

Hopefully theyre all the specs you need to help me solve this! 😅

Solution
Such combinations have no guarantee to work together.

Corsair FAQ:

Even if you match part numbers properly, we can't make guarantees as to their performance as the modules weren't tested together. Also be aware that when using two kits of memory together, you may need to reduce the speed of the memory due to motherboard chipset limitations.
Such combinations have no guarantee to work together.

Corsair FAQ:

Even if you match part numbers properly, we can't make guarantees as to their performance as the modules weren't tested together. Also be aware that when using two kits of memory together, you may need to reduce the speed of the memory due to motherboard chipset limitations.

Reactions: Henshaw.K
Solution