Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
So here is my setup:

i5-4430 Haswell

B87-G43 MSI gaming Mobo

GTX 650Ti Boost

8GB Kingston Hyperx blu (2x4) CL9

41cpOqscBHL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I wanted to add another set of 2x4 sticks, bought the closest sticks on the market to those, both have the same speed but the new ones have a CL10 timing,

61beYW-XuPL._AC_SX466_.jpg

all four sticks won't run together, I just get a black screen, I tried the new sticks on their own and they ran fine, when I went back to use the old 2 sticks only, I also get black screen, tried to reset BIOS by removing the battery and nothing changes, the BIOS in this current state just will not boot with the old sticks, can I revert this? I wanna be able to run my old sticks again to have the option to return the new kit and maybe by a 2x8 or something.

So here is my setup:

i5-4430 Haswell

B87-G43 MSI gaming Mobo

GTX 650Ti Boost

8GB Kingston Hyperx blu (2x4) CL9

41cpOqscBHL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I wanted to add another set of 2x4 sticks, bought the closest sticks on the market to those, both have the same speed but the new ones have a CL10 timing,

61beYW-XuPL._AC_SX466_.jpg

all four sticks won't run together, I just get a black screen, I tried the new sticks on their own and they ran fine, when I went back to use the old 2 sticks only, I also get black screen, tried to reset BIOS by removing the battery and nothing changes, the BIOS in this current state just will not boot with the old sticks, can I revert this? I wanna be able to run my old sticks again to have the option to return the new kit and maybe by a 2x8 or something.
Did you disconnect from electricity when you removed the battery ? ,Try again removing for 15 minutes and push on the start button for 30 sec during this period

madmax15

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Did you disconnect from electricity when you removed the battery ? ,Try again removing for 15 minutes and push on the start button for 30 sec during this period
well the bios is already reset, that is not currently the problem, the problem is that it won't accept the old sticks even with the reset bios

D

Deleted member 14196

probably not seated correctly or in the proper slots?

i would return the kit and get a 2x8

NEVER mix ram, EVER. this is what you get more than half the time. screwups