Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
16gb corsair
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
evga 850 g2 watt
2 Crucial 128gb ssds not in raid
WD 1 TB 7200rpm
Rosewill Blackhawk case

Might have forgot something...

Anyway I picked up another 970 yesterday but It's a Nvidia reference card. Is there a procedure I need to follow to add the card for my sli set up? I have to move the G1 to a different slot to do this for cooling reasons which is why I went with a blower style on the 2nd card.
Also I read in faq that clock speeds can be different as I know that used to not be the case but I'm planning on overclocking the reference to same as the G1. That being said is there a method to follow on that as well? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
I just added a 2nd 780 and had to manually remove Nvidia drivers, then do a clean install to get it working. I find it works best if you leave the SLI bridge off until the drivers are installed (shut down to install the bridge)

slugg

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
I have over locked before but not graphics card. Already have afterburner. So I should able to add the card whilst swapping the other to different slot and ill be able to change settings in NVIDIA control panel and over lock the reference card without having to follow some procedure?

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I just added a 2nd 780 and had to manually remove Nvidia drivers, then do a clean install to get it working. I find it works best if you leave the SLI bridge off until the drivers are installed (shut down to install the bridge)

Solution