[SOLVED] Adding in a new NVMe M.2 drive. Is it possible to link the two drives as one?

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Hey Guys I just installed a second NVMe drive to my pc to expand my storage. I mostly need the extra storage for games via steam. Is there an easy way to have the new drive show as a single volume c: drive instead of just and extra drive? I was looking at my Mobo manual and it seems both my M.2 slots support the same features and I have matching drives so I can only assume the performance will be the same on my x570 board. Thank you for all input!

Solution
Kind of, but you really really don't want to. IMHO.

Current drive for OS and applications
New drive for doc/video/games/whatever.

Windows and applications have gotten really good at working with multiple drives and drive letters.

You can do this in Storage Spaces, but that massively complicated things later, when/if you need to reinstall. Or really, any maintenance.

USAFRet

Titan
Kind of, but you really really don't want to. IMHO.

Current drive for OS and applications
New drive for doc/video/games/whatever.

Windows and applications have gotten really good at working with multiple drives and drive letters.

You can do this in Storage Spaces, but that massively complicated things later, when/if you need to reinstall. Or really, any maintenance.

Solution