[SOLVED] Adding RAM, Error 55

Feb 17, 2020
Currently: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - i7 3770 - HD 7850 - 8GB RAM

I was wondering why I keep getting Error code 55 when I put G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600 in slots 2 and 4.
I currently have Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB DDR3 1600 installed in slots 1 and 3.

Any help is appreciated. The only thing I can think of, is the two different brands not being compatible. Besides that, it should be compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit) and my Z77 Extreme4 mobo.

Solution
Sometimes different RAM works together, but it often leads to numerous issues with instability, random BSODs and so on.

It is generally recommended, that you buy the total amount of RAM you want as a so called "matched kit", with the total capacity and number of RAM modules you want.

Even using two sticks of identical RAM, bought seperately, can lead to various problems and it is not recommended to do.
Mixing RAM is not a guarantee that they will work together. I think you're having this issue here. If you try both brand separately do they work and just isn't working when you put all of them together?

A 2x8GB ram kit would be recommended instead of mixing ram brand and model :)

Reactions: Enomely
Sometimes different RAM works together, but it often leads to numerous issues with instability, random BSODs and so on.

It is generally recommended, that you buy the total amount of RAM you want as a so called "matched kit", with the total capacity and number of RAM modules you want.

Even using two sticks of identical RAM, bought seperately, can lead to various problems and it is not recommended to do.

Reactions: Enomely
Solution
Feb 17, 2020
Mixing RAM is not a guarantee that they will work together. I think you're having this issue here. If you try both brand separately do they work and just isn't working when you put all of them together?

A 2x8GB ram kit would be recommended instead of mixing ram brand and model :)
Thank you! That's exactly what I though and wanted to make sure.