[SOLVED] Adding RAM to i5-9600k

Dec 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I want to add some memory to my PC (2x8GB). Right now i have 2 x G.Skill Trident Z RGB, DDR4, 16 GB, 3200MHz, CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) - they are in 2 and 4 slot from the left. Second slot is just under fan. And i really mean just under it.I thought about the same memory, but it looks like it won't fit under my CPU cooler grandis 2 XE1436.
Do you know which RAM will be best for this setup? I really worry that I buy the same memory and it won't fit there

MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU: i5-9600k
Best

Solution
Free up your RAM slots and get rid of the Air cooler you have. You have a (K) processor so you may want to consider Overclocking in the future with an AIO and have unrestricted access to your DIMM slots.

If the cooler just blocks the first DIMM slot then get a kit (2x16) 32GB at 3200MHz and sell or keep the others as spares. DO NOT mix kits.
If your PC usage is for gaming AAA then 16GB is enough. Video editing or large CAD 3d rendering then 32GB and up will do.
The CPU officially supports 2666MHz however 3200MHz should work if they are listed on the MB QVL.
Your MB supports over 4000MHz so no probs there.
Free up your RAM slots and get rid of the Air cooler you have. You have a (K) processor so you may want to consider Overclocking in the future with an AIO and have unrestricted access to your DIMM slots.

If the cooler just blocks the first DIMM slot then get a kit (2x16) 32GB at 3200MHz and sell or keep the others as spares. DO NOT mix kits.
If your PC usage is for gaming AAA then 16GB is enough. Video editing or large CAD 3d rendering then 32GB and up will do.
The CPU officially supports 2666MHz however 3200MHz should work if they are listed on the MB QVL.
Your MB supports over 4000MHz so no probs there.

Solution