Adding wires to PSU

Palladini

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
I have dead PSU here and I have a computer with no hard drives, a PSU that has no SATA power off the PSU. This PSU has the Motherboard hooked up, the previous owner took the hard drive out and stuck it another computer. I can solve the Hard Drive out and put it another computer. But anyway, I would like to turn that computer into a Server, And it only has 4 - 4 pin connectors on it. I want to install 3 - 2TB SATA Hard drives and 1 SATA DVD Drive. I also want to install a SATA card (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-Card-NGFF-M-2-SSD-Key-B-M-to-PCI-E-power-in-4x-or-SATA-Data-Transfer-/301642217756?hash=item463b46f91c:g:nIUAAOSweW5VYArH) and one of these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SATA-2-0-Port-Multiplier-Card-1-To-5-Port-SATA-Card-SATAII-Riser-card-/151747062952?hash=item2354d46ca8:g:OO0AAOSw2s1UtyBA)
I do have 5 4 pin to SATA power cables, I was using on another computer, the one the dead hard drive came out of

Now the question I have, can I cut the wires I need 4 Pin and connect them to the current wires using those connectors that you place one wire in one side and the other wire in the other side, then you close it and use pliers to push a metal piece down to connect the wires
9rU7gZ

Or would I need to solder them to the power supply?

Solution
I have modified many PSUs for many purposes but it's helluva easier and safer to use proper adapters and I use them whenever possible.
When somebody has to ask questions like that, I must surmise that he is not qualified to make those changes safely.

Gubs125

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014

YES DEAR SIR, YOU ARE CORRECTUMONDO. ADAPTERS ARE CHEAPPPPPPPPPP, AND EFFICIENT. WELL DONE SIR< A MONOCLE FOR YOU +REP.

I have modified many PSUs for many purposes but it's helluva easier and safer to use proper adapters and I use them whenever possible.
When somebody has to ask questions like that, I must surmise that he is not qualified to make those changes safely.

Solution

Palladini

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
I am one 3 People in the Province Of Ontario Canada, who where University trained as Household Major Appliance repairman. I can solder any wire very easily and make it look professionally done.