Additional Internal HDD randomly disappears

jack-franco.2003

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
I have an aditional 1tb Sata
HDD (internal) for games on my laptop, but recently im having a mistake with it.
I dont know why, but when im using my laptop a message show up from the intel rapid storage progam saying that the sata disk has been disconnected (sometimes it doesn't shows any message and the sata disk just disappears with all the information on it). This never happens while im using files that are on the HDD. The solution for this is just to reboot the pc and the HDD appears again (sometimes i have to reboot more than 1 time because it doesn't appear at the first time)
What could be the solution for this problem? I dont think its disconnected or something like that, because when i reboot the laptop it shows up again
Does anyboy have any idea on how to fix this?
Thanks btw.

Specs:
Laptop: Acer aspire vx15
SSD:INTEL SSDPEKKW256G7
HDD: ST1000LM048-2E7172

(The additional sata HDD wasn't installed by me, i called some
technicians)
(This laptop needs an exclusive adapter to conect an additional HDD, i bought it to install the HDD)

I would open the case and make sure the drive is seated properly (pushed all the way in before screwing the bracket in place) could be touching but not properly slotted into the sata connector the other answer could very well be the SATA connector for that drive is loose on the motherboard (can you wiggle it?)or the sata controller for that drive is on its way out.

jr9

Estimable
If this install was fairly recent you could call the techs that installed this for you and tell them about this and get them to double check the connections for you. If they are reputable they should do it at no cost and you wouldn't have to open it up yourself.

jack-franco.2003

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

It has been like 5 months since they made the work, but the problem recently started a few weeks ago.

jr9

Estimable
Definitely sounds like a loose connection as The Paladin suggested. I'd try that advice first, or get a technician to do it if you aren't comfortable opening up your laptop. It may not be the issue, but you definitely want to rule that out first.

jack-franco.2003

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

Ok guys, i will try to contact the technicians and try this (cause i've really any idea on how to do this) And share the results

Update: Something else just happened, i was downlolading something in the hdd, and the message showed up ( "Sata disk has been disconnected", by the intel speed storage program) But this time, for the first time the hdd didn't disconnect, and the download never stopped (i was updating a game in the hdd) Maybe this has something else to discover the problem?