Adobe Employees to Get Free Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Adobe should stop supporting Photoshop and other professional tools for the Mac. Watch the "artsy" crowd cry due to the fact that Macs aren't open industry standards.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]HAHAHA just so they can sh!t on Apple! I love it, Apple well deserves this![/citation]

I don't really think Apple cares about Adobe employees receiving a free product that Apple doesn't carry or support.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Adobe should stop supporting Photoshop and other professional tools for the Mac. Watch the "artsy" crowd cry due to the fact that Macs aren't open industry standards.[/citation]

That would be a nice retaliation. But I believe 40% of their CS Suite sells are from Apple users. That would be a dumb move actually, they would lose money.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Thats the best Adobe can do?

How about doing something that actually effects the company in a negative way.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Adobe should stop supporting Photoshop and other professional tools for the Mac.[/citation]
Adobe has already stated that they will not use their customers (in a negative way) to battle other companies, unlike some other company starting with A...

etrom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Adobe should stop supporting Photoshop and other professional tools for the Mac. [/citation]

Like mentioned in another Apple-related topic, stop supporting PS on Mac means a lose of 40% of the customers base, and IMHO, I think it's not a smart move for anybody.

Let the iWhatevers drown without Flash, Adobe has more to do than this.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]etrom[/nom]Like mentioned in another Apple-related topic, stop supporting PS on Mac means a lose of 40% of the customers base, and IMHO, I think it's not a smart move for anybody.Let the iWhatevers drown without Flash, Adobe has more to do than this.[/citation]
'Drown without Flash'?

I think the situation is more like 'Let Adobe drown with flash'.

Even MS is moving forward.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Great PR move by Adobe imo. And to the folks who say Apple doesn't care, I think you're at least partially wrong. I don't even know how large of a company Adobe is but my guess is 500+, that's a lot of money Apple could've made on their app store and iTunes and etc, never mind the cost of the hardware itself.

Also I agree with the comment above that Adobe can't just dump CS products from Apple. That would hurt them pretty badly though not as badly as it would hurt Apple. I think a move like that would turn into an all out war which really neither company wants to do despite the stuff in the news.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
For everyone saying that Adobe would lose customers if they stopeed releasing for the Mac, I have one question: What other Mac software would people use to replace Photoshop?

I believe that if there was a viable replacement, people would already be using it en-masse. The fact that Photoshop is the dominant image manipulation software leads me to believe there aren't too many viable replacements. I have a feeling people would use the PC version if they had to, rather than abandon the software.

etrom

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]'Drown without Flash'?I think the situation is more like 'Let Adobe drown with flash'.Even MS is moving forward.[/citation]

On the headlines yesterday:

"HTC Incredible Sells Out on Verizon in Two Hours"

This is just one example that the people is starting to adopt other smartphones than iPhone. Android is making his way to be a real competitor to the iPhone and the Flash support will be a plus.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]That would be a nice retaliation. But I believe 40% of their CS Suite sells are from Apple users. That would be a dumb move actually, they would lose money.[/citation]

Who knows that might force those Artsy folks to move over to a PC to do their jobs. Which would mean even less market share for Apple ...

[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]That would be a nice retaliation. But I believe 40% of their CS Suite sells are from Apple users. That would be a dumb move actually, they would lose money.[/citation]
If their job depends on the CS suite stuff, they'd switch platforms (to Windows) with out a second though.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]etrom[/nom]On the headlines yesterday:"HTC Incredible Sells Out on Verizon in Two Hours"This is just one example that the people is starting to adopt other smartphones than iPhone. Android is making his way to be a real competitor to the iPhone and the Flash support will be a plus.[/citation]

Not making its way. It is a real competitor to the iPhone.

Please enough of this BS about about Microsoft moving on and about Flash being Obsolete. It isnt yet. Its the dominant format for video and until otherwise I need Flash for my phone and PC. Besides who really cares about what Microsoft says anyways. These are the guys openly saying they are betting the company of the Cloud for god sakes. They have no cred. Neither does Apple (Hypocrites).

Status
Not open for further replies.