Adobe Flash 10.2b Makes Better Use of Your GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Works well. You can toggle the gpu on and off with their big bunny test, and with it off CPU useage is around 50-60%, turning it on sees an immediate drop to 7-13. Impressive, watching a 1080p clip with barely any CPU use!

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Just curious, what about battery life on notebooks with this? I seem to recall hearing that when they increased usage of the video chip for this, that battery life suffered, even to the point where having a flash item open had the video chip running in a full power state.

When you have many websites open on tabs, flash being as pervasive as it is, will they play nice and not have the video chip in "active" state like I recall hearing before?

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]This'll help take the load off my netbooks ATOM and put it on the ION, which is also chemically sound.[/citation]

I'm feeling rather charged about this prospect.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
yeah, still no 64 bit. They don't support their software product and I have no idea why such a tech oriented crowd would back them up the way they do.

I guess a enemy of my enemy is my friend around here.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]Great, but will it fix the random freezes and BSoDs that 10.1 gave me CONSTANTLY? I'm still using 10.0.45.2 since it's still the only stable release for me.[/citation]

Must me your hardware or drivers casuing that, because i've never ran into those issues with my pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.