valentinoguerra

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
Something weird happened to me a few weeks ago. A was editing a lot of photos in Adobe Lightroom Classic (i think version 10.1.1) and when i tried to export these (they were like 50 photos), my PC collapsed and my GPU decided to stop sending video. I restarted the PC, and my displays had no signal at all.
My two displays are VGA, my graphic card is a MSI 1050 Ti, and since modern graphics card doesn't support VGA, and the 1050 Ti have x1 DisplayPort, x1 HDMI and x1 DVI-D, i use adapters to make my monitors work. I have a VGA/HDMI adapter for monitor 1, and a DVI-D/VGA adapter for monitor 2.

I tested the monitors in another PC separately, without the adapters, VGA direct, and they both work good. So the first thing i thought was, the adapters got killed. But the weird thing is that i tried these displays WITH the adapters, AND THE ADAPTERS DO WORK. And when i tried later on my PC again they didn't.
Does the GPU work? Yes, it do. I plugged a TV with HDMI direct (i don't have to use any adapter at all) and it works perfectly.
Now the system doesn't detect my adapters at all, they use to appear like one display more, but now nothing happens.

Any idea of what is going on?

Note: some weird thing is that the week before this happened, i had some similar trouble with Lightroom. I exported a lot of photos, my PC commited suicide, but when i restarted the PC it just worked fine. And i managed to export the photos one by one, afraid that it would happen again if i export all the photos at once.

Note 2: when i plug the VGA/DVI-D adapter first, and then the HDMI TV, neither of these work. But when i plug the TV first, and then the VGA/DVI-D, the TV works (of course the adapter doesn't)