Adobe Promises Best Tools in the World for HTML5

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"The more important question is the freedom of choice on the web"

exactly.

I don't care if HTML5 works while using no battery and cures cancer in the background while Flash causes brain haemorrhaging! let people choose for them selves!!!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Well duh. Adobe is only the biggest there is when it comes to digital tools for artists. Their Creative Suits products range from photo, video, audio, flash, web pages, etc. Adobe not supporting HTML5 is frankly unthinkable.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I really dislike people talking that Flash is dead or needed when not even big Google can get Youtube to play VIDEO properly with HTML5. It either doesn't work at all, doesn't have fullscreen unless you run some type of weird nightly build of a specific browser or is missing most of its newer features.

And don't get me started on Flash games and other applications. Flash is going nowhere even the day Adobe releases the perfect HTML5 developing tool. It might lose "market share" over time but won't die just like that. It's the same for IE6 and the same reason there won't be an iPhone killer. Something that is popular does never die overnight.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I'm surprised that no one has said this yet. Here it goes...

But... will it play Crysis?

Anyway, Flash ain't gonna suddenly disappear, and there's no point to make it so that it's either it or HTML5. People who did Flash for years won't like losing their job all of a sudden...

Plus, anything against the rotten Apple's way is always a good thing.

G

I want my smart phone and pad or slate of the future to have 10 hours battery life. If it does not, I would blame the company that made that product. Therefore, a company has the right to use it's clout to ensure battery life and performance are optimal on their devices. If you don't want apple products, don't buy them....end of story. I would argue that the average consumer that uses apple products does not even care about flash on there iphone or ipod, because apple has already made a good experience for them without it. The iPad has over ten hours on one charge watching video. It was supposedly less than half that during apple tests utilizing Flash based video. That should be enough right then and there to ditch that technology.

G

I can not speak about flash for mobile phones, tablets, etc. But for PC's, Flash has always worked flawlessly for me. Never had problems ever and I can honestly say that for the last 8 years even when Flash was still owned and Developed by Macromedia. Never had crashes, issues or viruses through flash. I use only the FireFox web-browser though and before that I used Mozilla. Also my friend uses Goolge Chrome with flash and no Problems. So if Flash has had issues with IE or other browsers I wouldn't know.

On average a full dynamic flash site uses 15-30% cpu for me using a Core 2 Duo processor. The most dynamic flash effects and animation bordering on almost looking like rendered 3D particle effects, waves and distortion effects, uses around 50% CPU but that's going over the top. Never had issues with Flash Video either. Its never been hard for me to update flash and shockwave or uninstall. So I don't know whats up with peoples comments :/

Quite frankly, after hearing complaints from Mac users about flash being sh@#y or Steve Jobs feelings about adobe, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Jobs made sure Flash sucked hard using the Safari web-browser and Mac OSX.

Other than that, I don't understand why people want Flash to die so hard. Only because of Flash video? Those are obviously from people who are users and not people who are web developers that have used Flash. Flash and the Flash CS Development program form Adobe is actually pretty impressive. You can develop a website that looks like it could only exist in a video game with out knowing any web-site code. And I'm still not sold on HTML 5's true potential to out due Flash. Flash has a lot of abilities, can HTML 5 use masking techniques to hide a predefined shape or use masking to create transparency transitions as animations for web effects? can you create particle effects and add physics to them and sound effects to them but program them to only show up when its midnight in your timezone and then the particles explode into pieces when you click on them? and then re-arrange the particles to form the correct shape to win points for a browser based game, but without knowing any Javascript and very little programming knowledge? Maybe when Adobe Integrates HTML 5 into their programs, but then HTML 5 will be synonymous with Adobe, not Apple.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
is Adobe HTML5 tools allowed on iPhone/iPad?
or will it be considered as 3rd party tool therefore banned?

this kind of news/statement are mocking at Apple.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]Flash is going nowhere even the day Adobe releases the perfect HTML5 developing tool. It might lose "market share" over time but won't die just like that. It's the same for IE6 and the same reason there won't be an iPhone killer. Something that is popular does never die overnight.[/citation]

Especially when it's been a long-term industrial standard.

G

Being forced to use Adobe products to use the web, when there are agreed upon standards to deliver the same content is not freedom.

Any mobile device, which give users a browser which will work to current web standards, will provide that freedom.

Adobe's "freedom" angle is so disingenuous its hilarious people fall for it.

Google, Opera, Apple have all realized the mistakes of the past and are all producing FREE web browsers which to the baseline web standards.

And don't start on App stores, that's why Apple, RIM & Google give developers options to reach their mobile customers. Build to web standards for browser based apps, or build a solid app using the devices extra and or proprietary functionality.

Adobe and Microsoft are the dinosaurs who can't keep up.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]leon2006[/nom]adobe left the 64 bit browser in limbo for more than 3 years now(w/o flash support). That is not acceptable one company holding the technology growth.[/citation]
+1 for that, we already have 64bit hw and os for years, applications and browsers as well but still no damn 64bit flash.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if they do have the best HTML5 tools. Look at the history of the product. Corel WebMaster Suite -> Macromedia DreamWeaver -> Adobe.

They have alot of patents, experience, and code base at their disposal. As much as I hate Flash, you have to admit Adobe has the best web suite for regular web stuff.

[citation][nom]RunStart[/nom]I can not speak about flash for mobile phones, tablets, etc. But for PC's, Flash has always worked flawlessly for me. Never had problems ever and I can honestly say that for the last 8 years even when Flash was still owned and Developed by Macromedia. Never had crashes, issues or viruses through flash. I use only the FireFox web-browser though and before that I used Mozilla. Also my friend uses Goolge Chrome with flash and no Problems. So if Flash has had issues with IE or other browsers I wouldn't know. On average a full dynamic flash site uses 15-30% cpu for me using a Core 2 Duo processor. The most dynamic flash effects and animation bordering on almost looking like rendered 3D particle effects, waves and distortion effects, uses around 50% CPU but that's going over the top. Never had issues with Flash Video either. Its never been hard for me to update flash and shockwave or uninstall. So I don't know whats up with peoples comments Quite frankly, after hearing complaints from Mac users about flash being sh@#y or Steve Jobs feelings about adobe, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Jobs made sure Flash sucked hard using the Safari web-browser and Mac OSX. Other than that, I don't understand why people want Flash to die so hard. Only because of Flash video? Those are obviously from people who are users and not people who are web developers that have used Flash. Flash and the Flash CS Development program form Adobe is actually pretty impressive. You can develop a website that looks like it could only exist in a video game with out knowing any web-site code. And I'm still not sold on HTML 5's true potential to out due Flash. Flash has a lot of abilities, can HTML 5 use masking techniques to hide a predefined shape or use masking to create transparency transitions as animations for web effects? can you create particle effects and add physics to them and sound effects to them but program them to only show up when its midnight in your timezone and then the particles explode into pieces when you click on them? and then re-arrange the particles to form the correct shape to win points for a browser based game, but without knowing any Javascript and very little programming knowledge? Maybe when Adobe Integrates HTML 5 into their programs, but then HTML 5 will be synonymous with Adobe, not Apple.[/citation]
Agreed, Flash has ever given me issues.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]There is no Flash in Freedom[/nom]Being forced to use Adobe products to use the web, when there are agreed upon standards to deliver the same content is not freedom. Any mobile device, which give users a browser which will work to current web standards, will provide that freedom.Adobe's "freedom" angle is so disingenuous its hilarious people fall for it.Google, Opera, Apple have all realized the mistakes of the past and are all producing FREE web browsers which to the baseline web standards. And don't start on App stores, that's why Apple, RIM & Google give developers options to reach their mobile customers. Build to web standards for browser based apps, or build a solid app using the devices extra and or proprietary functionality. Adobe and Microsoft are the dinosaurs who can't keep up.[/citation]

You do have a choice... you can choose whether or not to install and run flash. If html5 performs the same functions as flash then dont install it. But dont blame flash for their offering dynamic content for over a decade to your browser and html just now catching up.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I think I have to support Adobe here. I do think flash is a pretty decent product, but outside of that it's about a tyrant (apple) trying to bully other companies who offer users platform independence. Platform independent software is a key step to moving away from a windows (and crapple) dominated world.

Status
Not open for further replies.