Advanced Security Settings for Packages

zebucity

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
I am in the registry: Edit>Permissions>Advanced. I have two 'System' principals. The top System has read access only with the second position in the list held by the second System that has Full Control. I am unable to delete, modify or change anything.

I believe this is because the Second System, the one at the top of the list, is the one currently running.

How do I get control over my system?

Image of what I see below;

BHZaufe.png

Solution
oh....... not even creator owner has permissions to change it...... that's weird, like someone messed up with permissions before, it could be a malware also.

Since there's no account to use to change permissions, you could try copy that file (or files inside that folder) to a new folder you create, once there try to change permissions on that new folder, this should affect all files inside your new folder granting you permissions over them.
Have you already clicked the "Edit" button? also, does your account have administrator privileges? assuming the administrators group have also full control on it, you should be able with an admin account to take ownership of whatever file/folder you're modifying it's permission ACL

zebucity

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

I am unable to save any edits to any principals.

oh....... not even creator owner has permissions to change it...... that's weird, like someone messed up with permissions before, it could be a malware also.

Since there's no account to use to change permissions, you could try copy that file (or files inside that folder) to a new folder you create, once there try to change permissions on that new folder, this should affect all files inside your new folder granting you permissions over them.

Solution

zebucity

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
I'm not sure how I would do that. However I looked further into the paths and the top level system only appears after \Repository. The moment you go to Repository\Families or Repository\Packages it appears...