Question Advice For Budget Power Supply

I've recently been parting together a budget gaming rig for a friend with some spare parts it has a Xeon e3 1240 v3 and a 1650 Super. I've been looking for a decent power supply sub 50$. the best options I've seen so far without going to a TT smart POS is a Thermaltake BM2 and a corsair vs500. has anyone had any experience with these units or any other ideas for a decent budget psus on the market right now?

Do not buy a cheap psu.
$50 is cheap.

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Buying a high quality psu of sufficient capability is a good long term investment

My best advice for estimating quality is to look at the warranty.
7 years or more will buy you a very good unit.
5 years should be the minimum.

Do not buy a cheap psu.
$50 is cheap.

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Buying a high quality psu of sufficient capability is a good long term investment

My best advice for estimating quality is to look at the warranty.
7 years or more will buy you a very good unit.
5 years should be the minimum.
What's your opinion on used? I found a seasonic ss-650km used from a reputable computer liquidation store on eBay for 40$

What's your opinion on used? I found a seasonic ss-650km used from a reputable computer liquidation store on eBay for 40$

I do not like used, you always take a chance.
Do you have a link to the ebay offer?
Seasonic is a reliable maker.

Used may be the only way to make things work given the budget.
If you buy using paypal and the offer is claimed to work, you are reasonably well protected.

I do not like used, you always take a chance.
Do you have a link to the ebay offer?
Seasonic is a reliable maker.

Used may be the only way to make things work given the budget.
If you buy using paypal and the offer is claimed to work, you are reasonably well protected.
unfortunately its missing the extra cables but it has everything I need. seems like a popular listing at the moment. I've also purchased a used Xeon from them before with no issues.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185798293524

dont go below this https://www.newegg.ca/cooler-master-masterwatt-series-mpx-5501-amaab-us-550w/p/N82E16817171115 also the cpu is a server one at end of life support .
Funny recommandation. The TT BM2 is a better unit.

the best options I've seen so far without going to a TT smart POS is a Thermaltake BM2 and a corsair vs500.
The BM2 is a hell of a lot better than the VS. BM2 has the same CWT CSB-A platform like a lot of other decent units like the Adata/XPG Pylon, Corsair CX=M 2021, MSI MAG AB-N and NZXT C- Bronze.

Funny recommandation. The TT BM2 is a better unit.

The BM2 is a hell of a lot better than the VS. BM2 has the same CWT CSB-A platform like a lot of other decent units like the Adata/XPG Pylon, Corsair CX=M 2021, MSI MAG AB-N and NZXT C- Bronze.
Thank you for the advice I'm leaning towards the BM2 at the moment. its sad there really aren't any decent budget options anymore.